Founded in 1976, Jody Miller Construction has turned traditional values and pride into our corporate mission. With the belief that hard work pays off Jody Miller Construction has done just that for over 35 years. Today, we complete many K-12 schools as well as multi-family high rise condominiums and apartment buildings. Our growth as a company has been strong building on our strength of our past and the technology of the future.
- Facilitates the preparation of Owner/Client contracts
- Prepares and negotiates all subcontracts for the project
- Help prepare estimates with estimators for either private or publicly bid projects.
- Manage/Oversee construction administration of the project in accordance with the contract
- Ensure project notice requirements are being met
- Work with superintendent and project engineer on project procurement and to ensure alignment with the project schedule
- Manage and implement change order process
- Create Monthly work in progress for review with the managers
- Work with accounting to process monthly payment applications in a timely fashion.
- Track and review quantities for self-performed labor scopes of work
- Oversee, train and mentor Project Engineers assigned to the project
- Create and assign project responsibilities. Hold team members accountable
- Work with project superintendent to regularly update the project schedule
- Collaborate with project design team to mitigate design challenges
- Site visits at a minimum of 3 times per week to each job to discuss progress with team.
- Bachelor of Science in Construction Management, Engineering, or Architecture
- General knowledge of all scopes of work associated with K-12 and/or higher education
- General knowledge of working in phased construction schedules
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of P6, Procore, and BlueBeam preferred
- Salary DOE
- Paid Time off and Paid Holiday